Cloud Transformation Specialist
At FROSCH we empower our travelers with sophisticated cutting edge technology. FROSCH has an opportunity for a full-time Systems Administrator to join our team in the Houston office. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, detail oriented and enjoys creative problem solving, to further integrate leading technologies into our customer experience.
In this position, you will be responsible for handling day-to-day IT operations in the areas of server, network, and security administration. This position will also assist with providing end user support in a Windows 7/10 Active Directory environment
- Be part of a systems team that will transform an on-Premise virtualized infrastructure to a Hybrid Cloud based architecture
- Understand and Review current network and server infrastructure in guiding transformation projects
- Help administer on-premise systems as required specifically Active Directory, Windows/Linux servers, firewalls, wireless networks, storage systems, network switches/routers, and other appliance
- Participate in IT projects, such as security audits, disaster recovery testing, cloud transformation, server updates, and new technology implementations
- Create and maintain existing technical and procedural documentation.
- Be able to utilize scripting and other tools to administer cloud-based systems and services.
- Embody FROSCH Core Values always: Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Communication, Commitment and Delivering the Unexpected
- Travel and/or hospitality experience preferred, but not required
- MUST have Cloud transformation experience (Microsoft Azure Preferred)
- Systems and Security monitoring
- Desktop Virtualization a Plus
- Disaster Recovery testing
- Database administration experience preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Office 365 apps (email, Skype for Business, SharePoint Sites, OneDrive, Teams)
- 3-5 years of experience providing end user support in a Windows 7 /10 Active Directory environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2013/2016 applications
- Experience in supporting both onsite and virtual work environments
- General knowledge with hardware, printers/scanners, networking, mobile devices, wireless access points, and troubleshooting methods.
- Ability to work efficiently with remote team members and have clear communication
- Possess an eye for detail and honed organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills needed, as well as first-rate customer communication.
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Opportunity to make a difference in a growing global company
- Strong collaborative environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits plus 17 supplemental benefits
- IATA and LifeMart benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Continued Industry Training
- Employee Recognition Program