FROSCH has a terrific opportunity for an experienced agent with training/development background to join our Training Team. If you are someone who thrives in managing, developing and coordinating training programs, then we want to hear from you!
As a trainer, you will be responsible for getting all new hires scheduled for their training courses, facilitating the training program and working with the internal departments on establishing training needs. We believe that onboarding and training sets the whole tone for the candidate’s success in their career. It is very important that the new hire has a smooth onboarding and proper training in order to flourish in the role they are being placed in. This position is to be virtual based or at any of our U.S. Office locations.
- Coordinate scheduled learning and development courses, advertise, and manage responses.
- Facilitate the new agent training program and co-ordinate attendance to ensure that new hires become familiar with the company’s culture, policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal departments and vendors to establish training needs and design / develop training.
- Deliver internal training courses relating to business travel, soft skills, and travel related systems and products.
- Use professional and personal examples to reinforce the skills and knowledge being taught.
- Keep abreast of developments in the company and in areas of expertise, and update training materials accordingly.
- Relate to trainee and learning objective(s) to ensure that the most suitable delivery method is used for training.
- Maintains and expands knowledge of FROSCH and industry tools, systems, processes and procedures and can effectively facilitate courses on these topics.
- Administer the LMS (Knowledge Hub) and ensure all course attendance lists and employee training records are updated in a timely manner.
- Liaise with all areas of the business to ensure learning and development needs for employees are identified
- Create and publish materials to support learning and provide on-going job support
- Gathers feedback and suggestions to incorporate into training material
- Assess current performance gaps and can identify the correct learning solutions
- Review learning programs and identify opportunities for improved results
- Tie the learning objectives to measurable business results
- Identify training requirements and translate them into training packages.
- Must be able to travel on an as needed basis, 40-70% annually
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and competence in training delivery
- Can facilitate a variety of subjects including soft skills and technical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
- Strong computer and administrative skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, WebEx, and Adobe
- Must be a team player and highly organized
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Client base experience is a plus
- GDS experience with Sabre is required, knowledge of both Sabre and Apollo preferred
- Experience in training development and delivery (preferably in the Business Travel industry)preferred
- Knowledge of FROSCH policies and procedures highly preferred
What FROSCH Offers You:
- Flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity to make a difference in a growing global company
- Strong collaborative environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plus 17 supplemental benefits
- IATA and LifeMart benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Continued Industry Training
- Employee Recognition Program
We aspire to define ourselves as the travel company of choice, to deliver industry-leading expertise and service to our customers and build on the tremendous pride our employees have in all they accomplish. We will continue to align our resources to further integrate leading technologies into our customer experience. Through it all, we will remain faithful to our core values: Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Communication, and Delivering the Unexpected.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
FROSCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FROSCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.